#1 The God

The God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Hey friends,

Failed Noob/Ryley here.

Because some of my posting privileges have been revoked on the other account, I'll need to post them on here. I'm just going to post the issues with the newest update and perhaps make some points that would inspire some changes.

Recently (If you read my old forums post in News & Announcements), Strykewyrms and Frost Dragons were added into Slayer tasks. While this was a good idea at the time, gold has become more and more common in the game. I don't remember having more than 20B cash a year ago, and now it's become common to stake 30-40B amounts easily.

To make things worse: this new Barrows Shop™ has been added in. While this makes the items available for players, My Dharok's sets alone have risen from being 12-12.2B in items to 37.5B in items overnight, and that's not counting the other 100 or so barrows items that I worked for in the past. While i'm not complaining of the increased bank, this surely should be seen as an issue to other players. If a new player were to join today and wanted to catch up to me, they would need to acquire 2334 Dharok pieces. Assuming that I would stop playing entirely.

Not only has this shop completely invalidated going to barrows, unless you want to make a few hundred million here and there - It has removed yet another challenge for players to acquire items.

This shop would have been a better idea when we had more players, but in my opinion this isn't going to keep people around, it's just making it easier for others, and making me richer. 

Please feel free to post your ideas, and agreements/disagreements about this on this forum post, as I am aware that I may be viewing this as one sided.

Ryley/Failed Noob :)

#2 HanixD

HanixD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

I agree with this to be honest. Barrows should be something that should be worthy to get and feel acomplished to get in the chest drop. It shouldnt just be handed over to players... If we are going to add more PvE content why dont you just buff the chest instead? Or you could buff the cost of Barrows items which wud lead to more people actually trying the minigame. This is my opinion.

#3 Dale

Dale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Yeah I agree for the most part. I like the idea of having easy access to generic pking equipment, but not the idea of barrows being obsolete. His (Travis') main goal with that is to give players a reason to stick around. Idk how to keep access to a reason for people to stick around & pk without making the barrows mini game useless. Unless you up the price of everything, but then the rich get that much richer, and one thing that was recently noticed is that with wacky prices, items don't protect correctly in pvp.. some fixes need to be made :/
But like I said idk exactly how to prefect the goal here

#4 The God

The God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Me again!

Nab, Lee, and myself have discussed a few things in-game, and the discussions have resulted in the following that need to be fixed, or dealt with as well.

Firstly - Item prices need to correlate with their Lootshare prices. Currently, if you go to PK in a Dharok's set, and you're bringing claws, you will lose those upon death instead of the Dharok's. Also, 1.2B for a set of dh is quite pricey, maybe make it more like 800m. Furthermore, people don't want to log on, spend time getting items like claws and other spec weapons just to lose them instead of barrows. (also if you're going to add that shop in, remove barrows from my price guide.)

Secondly - Max Capes and Boss Pets need to be finished/added into the game. I know Travis has been working hard on these things, but from my knowledge they're nearly done. Instead of working on shops and other things, these can be finished. 

Finally - The Barrows shop currently has a "sell item" option, which i'm told is sooner than later going to be removed. In order for barrows to even remain a viable mini game, this option should stay, or a discussion should be had with players, such as a poll or suggestion time where it can be negotiated and decided upon. 

#5 The God

The God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

#6 steven

steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

My opinion

I'm glad to see some changes ingame. (Nice work Travis!)

Travis should stop wasting time and effort into creating new stuff like this Barrows-shop. (Allthough MaxCape is Nice!)

Start by fixing existing shops/other stuff first? For example: Armor shop 2 is pretty useless.

Add the hats and boots in 'Magic-Robes' remove D boots completely, and 'Louie Legs' sell Black(G) aswell??

This is not really relevant, but you get the point?!?!

#7 The God

The God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

#8 Arigato

Arigato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

Hey guys i'm new and don't know how to get the client as i have downloaded it. i cannot find an app to open it.

#9 Failed Noob

Failed Noob

• Moderators
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hi Arigato, 

Apologies for the late response.

The client currently downloads as a .zip or .rar file for some reason, I believe. Simply Google how to redownload it as a .jar file and it should be good to go! 

#10 Spacely

Spacely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

How do I redeem my votes? 

• Spacely likes this

#11 Spacely

Spacely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Also are the highscores updated?

• Spacely likes this

#12 Blex

Blex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFunland

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

How do I redeem my votes? 

::check *Auth code*

Also are the highscores updated?

Highscores update whenever a person log out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users